Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] BMR Restore - Windows

2007-11-05 08:40:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] BMR Restore - Windows
From: "rcarlisle" <rcarlisle AT serverwarecorp DOT com>
To: "'Brooks, Jason'" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:21:58 -0500
Jason,

See answers below:

Reneé Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: Brooks, Jason [mailto:brooksje AT longwood DOT edu]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 8:15 AM
To: rcarlisle; veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

Couple of questions:

1.  Version of NetBackup?  I'm figuring, by what you've told us, 6.5, but
want to make sure.

Then environment is up on 6.5

2.  BMR Client.  Is it the same piece of hardware or a different box
altogether?

Very basic test for BMR...we took a new Windows box that was a test system,
loaded a NBU 6.5 client onto it.  Backed it up with to load teh BMR
database.  Ran prepare to recover, created a boot media and tried to boot
from the media.

3.  Network config: is the BMR master on the same subnet of client, or, at
minimum, can you connect to the master from where your BMR client is
located?

Master and media are on the same subnet and we have full communication
between the two.

4.  If it's a new box, did you update the MAC address in the copied Current
Config in NB?

Same box as the master server, and I have confirmed that the mac address is
in the current configuration on the client in the BMR database.  I thought
this one would be about as easy as you could get!

Thanks

Jason