Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] how to install NB 6.0 on xeon processor system

2007-11-01 14:30:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] how to install NB 6.0 on xeon processor system
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:08:12 -0400
> My master server is windows 2003. There is NB 6.0 MP3 on it.
> We need to add xeon-64 system as a client. The support is
> coming with NB 6.0 MP2 for that client. I have only NB 6.0
> CDs. How can I add that client to my backup environment? NB
> 6.0 cds do not support that client. If it is unix client, I
> can use the push method to install it. How about windows client?

You should obtain the 6.0MP4 media kit--it is the full set of NetBackup
CDs, but all of them already at MP4.  I needed this for the same
reason--some new 64-bit Windows boxes--but it also eliminated any chance
of forgetting to patch client, server or option installations.

You'll also need to update (at least) your master and the media server
that handles this client so that they're at or above the client's patch
level.