Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclude Lists

2007-10-31 08:52:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclude Lists
From: "Brooks, Jason" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:38:41 -0400
Folks,
        I'm probably missing something obvious here, but the docs on exclude
lists are always frustrating.  I'm running 6.5 Master on Windows 2003.  What
I'm trying to do is set up excluded drives on one server (Windows).  One
example is our dedicated page file, stored on P:.  Here's what I've tried so
far:

On the client properties->Windows Client->Exclude Lists
        I've created an exclude list for P: to a specific policy.  I've
added it as:
        P:\ - still backed it up.
        P: - same
        P:\* - same

So, what's the trick to ignoring a drive without changing the Backup
Selections?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks