Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] L1400 CAP autoload problem

2007-10-19 12:15:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] L1400 CAP autoload problem
From: "Steve Jenkins" <Steve.Jenkins AT sparrow DOT org>
To: "Matt Weathers" <mweathe AT fbinsmi DOT com>, "'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:55:31 -0400
Do you use acsls?  If so, sometimes the cap can go offline.

>>> "Weathers, Matt" <mweathe AT fbinsmi DOT com> 10/19/2007 11:41:56 AM >>>
Situation:

We have a Sun/STK l1400 tape library. We are NetBackup v6 mp4. On October 5 we had an issue with loading tapes into the library. Sun/STK service replaced a router in the box and we have been unable to autoload tapes from the CAP ever since.

We have been in contact with Symantec and SUN and neither of them has been able to resolve the issue. This morning, October 19, SUN replaced the router again. We still are not able to autoload tapes into the library. If we do a discover and have it check the CAP, the tapes will load. Any ideas? We have verified the VM.CONF file is correct.

Matt Weathers
Senior Systems Programmer
Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan
Office: (517) 391-5021