Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can drives be on 2 Masters at the same time?

2007-10-18 17:03:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can drives be on 2 Masters at the same time?
From: Carl Mathews <cmathews AT cavern.uark DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:44:59 -0500 (CDT)
I am trying to move our master server running 5.1MP6 to another Solaris
machine.  Domain names are staying the same, so only one server could be
up at a time.  The L700 tape library robotics are SCSI controlled. The
active server would have the robot connected. CrossRoad routers are
connected to the tape drives. Each server is fiber connected to a switch
that is routed back to the CrossRoads. On the new server when I use the
device configuration wizard it finds the robot and the drives.  But a
message is given that the drives cannot be added because they are attached
to another host. - eventhough the host is at the ok prompt.  Do I need
SSO?  If drives cannot be attached to 2 masters at once, can I delete a
drive from the old server and define it on the new?

Thanks Carl Mathews
University of Arkansas