Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backiing up FreeBSD v6.2

2007-10-17 08:37:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backiing up FreeBSD v6.2
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:18:13 -0400

Why install 4.5 if they are using 5.1 mp6, especially since the version 5 compatibility matrix says the start of support for 6.0 was 5.1 MP4.

I would try to install 5.1 MP4 , MP5, or MP6

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Laboratories Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"Jenner, Steven" <Steven.Jenner AT uk.telstra DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

10/17/2007 05:35 AM

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Backiing up FreeBSD v6.2

Hi,

I have a customer who was running a Redhat Linux server but who has recently changed to a FreeBSD environment running version 6.2; my NetBackup environment is running Enterprise v 5.1MP6.

Checking the relevant compatibility matrix I can see that FreeBSD version 6.0 is covered by v5.1MP6 and my customer believes that this means that FreeBSD v6.2 should work also (their comments are copied below)

‘The version installed is 6.2 which is the latest version. Although this
is not on the compatibility matrix I would imagine it would be backwards
compatible with 6.0 as it is only a minor version with bug fixes etc.’

I have little experience of FreeBSD therefore cannot ascertain how true the statement above is; therefore my question is, can FreeBSD v6.2 be backed up by NetBackup5.1MP6 and if not can it be backed up by any version of NetBackup?

So far I have installed the NetBackup FreeBSD4.5 client software onto the client but I am getting status code 54 errors and I believe it is probably because the applied version of FreeBSD is not covered.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steve.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.