Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU Vaulting: Status 50

2007-10-15 10:25:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU Vaulting: Status 50
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:04:47 -0500
* Wayne T Smith <wts AT maine DOT edu> [2007-10-12 14:19]:
> I get a few of these (v5.1MP6), mostly during high-load situations.
> Inevitably, the status 50 Duplicate job has this in (the middle of) its log:
>
>     Warning bpduplicate ... failure logging message to client ... in log
>     ...: can't connect to client (58)

We found that to be a problem where the TCP_TIME_WAIT on the master
server existed for too many sockets open.  We were able to address it by
lowering the wait interval so that the sockets cleaned up faster.  You
do have to be a bit careful with this, however.  Setting it really low
could have negative impacts.

--
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com