Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows default maximum block size ... 64KB still ?

2007-10-11 12:50:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows default maximum block size ... 64KB still ?
From: "Boris Kraizman" <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:22:11 -0400
Hi Aleks,

This is from the old thread on this topic

this seems to be fixed in SP2

I have mine Windows 2003 media servers patched and still did not try SP2
After I applied the patch I was able to change buffer size to 256k

Good luck,
Boris

On 10/10/07, Wilkinson, Alex <alex.wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au> wrote:
    0n Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 10:04:03PM +0800, Wilkinson, Alex wrote:

    >Hi all is the default maximum block size for I/O transfers on windows still only
    >64KB ? If so, is this possible to change ? And is it bad practice on windows
    >hosts to change the block size ?
    >
    >Context: We need to seriously look at tuning for LTO{2,3} drives.

Can somone at least point to me some official documentation that specifies
this 64KB limitation ?

-aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.