Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery of NBU

2007-10-03 18:19:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Disaster Recovery of NBU
From: "jim fred" <jim.fred01 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "peterschmidt AT northwesternmutual DOT com" <peterschmidt AT northwesternmutual DOT com>, Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 08:02:18 +1000
Hi

Sounds exactly like what we are about to start.  Except we are using windows (dodgy).   My research indicates the sybase facilities are not documented so that we can't play with the innards.   What disappoints me is there seems to be no data replication to a remote database.  I suspect not all the transactions are in sybase, probably a mixture of database and proprietary/plain text files.

Jim