Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can't import Backup Exec 10 tapes into Netbackup 6.0 MP4 - Not supported!?!

2007-10-03 03:05:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can't import Backup Exec 10 tapes into Netbackup 6.0 MP4 - Not supported!?!
From: "Baron Network" <baronnetwork AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:31:24 -0700

Hi all,

I opened a new ticket and worked with Aussie support this evening.

We were able to get the vmphyinv successful on 4/7 tapes, the remaining three came into the system as BE000 – BE0001.  NBEMMCMD listed the media with their proper GUID so we moved forward with the imports.

Unfortunately  the phase 1 imports still fail.  Has anyone seen / resolved this error in showing up in our BPTM log?

23:03:21.614 [25281] <2> io_be_read_media_header: big_endian = 1, drive index 3

23:03:21.614 [25281] <2> io_be_read_media_header: did not find family guid stream, not a supported Backup Exec media, drive index 3

23:03:21.615 [25281] <2> set_job_details: Sending Tfile jobid (10701)

23:03:21.615 [25281] <2> set_job_details: LOG 1191391401 16 bptm 25281 block read is not a NetBackup or Backup Exec media header, len = 65536, media id FOO535, drive index 3, data is MTF1-format

The media header is showing up as MTF1 instead of BE-MTF1.  What is so frustrating is the vmphyinv -verbose output shows a conflicting story:

Mounted media is a BackupExec-MTF1-format media Media GUID : {11276416-5B6A-4C7E-9AD4-E01B7119E927}

VMPHYINV proceeds to add it to the database, and even moves it into the Backupexec pool.

If anyone has any clues on how to resolve this, please let me know.

Thanks for any help!

- Hadrian