Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBNOS process taking 100% CPU utilization

2007-10-01 13:24:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBNOS process taking 100% CPU utilization
From: Mike Wigington <redclay30253 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Veritas Mail-List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:01:12 -0700 (PDT)
I have a Master/Media server and a Media server  each running AIX 5.3 TL 5 and Netbackup 6.0 MP5. Since upgrading from NBU 5.1 MP4 to NBU 6.0 MP5 we have had two outages where backups virtually stopped due to the NBNOS process using 100% of the CPU utilization on the Master/Media server. Also during heavy backup periods we get many core dumps of the bpstsinfo process. I have a ticket open with support but no luck with a response.

Has anyone else experienced anything close to this problem?

TIA,
Mike Wig

Building a website is a piece of cake.