Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Reg: cluster

2007-09-25 11:17:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Reg: cluster
From: "Patrick" <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>
To: "'ramaswamy savi'" <hema180 AT yahoo DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:48:11 +0100

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe you can cluster UNIX and Windoze (nor can I imagine anyone wanting to). The problem lies with the difference in file systems and file layout. Just like you cannot easily move from a UNIX master to a Windoze master nor can you fail over from UNIX to Windoze. However you can failover from Solaris to HP-UX or to and from any supported UNIX to any other supported UNIX. IMHO.

Regards,

Patrick Whelan

netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk

VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for UNIX English