Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to roll back if nbpushdata failed on media server ?

2007-09-24 13:05:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to roll back if nbpushdata failed on media server ?
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:47:46 -0400
> Thanks to refer me to below links which I had done all the reading.
> http://library.veritas.com/docs/282326
> http://support.veritas.com/docs/285223).
>
> If yours read my question carefully, there is not roll back
> procedure for media server.
> The links above is the roll back procedure for master and
> media server, which roll back master to 5.1 then do those
> steps on 5.x media servers.
>
> My question again.
> My master already upgraded to 6.0MP4. What I want is the roll
> back if I failed #nbpushdata upgrade on media server. NOT
> MASTER AND MEDIA.
>
> Hope I make it clear this round. Thanks.

Hope you made a catalog backup before you upgraded the media server.

Is there a step-by-step technote for backing out a single media server
upgrade versus backing out everything?  I don't know.  Here's what I'd
do if there isn't one:

  Open a support call

If I couldn't do that for some reason,

  Use that catalog backup to recover the EMM database to the state it
was before the failed upgrade of the media server and use 282326 to back
out the 6.0 media server upgrade including copying back the backup
copies it made of mediaDB (the location in the technote is wrong),
robotic_def and ltidevs files and reinstalling 5.x.  If I hadn't done a
catalog backup beforehand, delete anything related to that media server
from the EMM database (I'd use the GUI as I don't know the nbemm
commands well enough).  And I'd _still_ call support.