Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to Identify Parent Jobs ?

2007-09-21 16:49:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to Identify Parent Jobs ?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:29:37 +0000
On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 11:25:22AM -0700, Tsilva wrote:

> Kind of both, sometimes a backup is done in only one job, and
> sometimes in 4 or more jobs, can you explain me more about retries and
> multi-stream please, I�m using NetBackup 5.1 on Unix and Windows,
> Thanks !!!

It depends on what you mean by "a backup".  One client may have several
filesystems.  If multistreaming is enabled, each of those filesystems
may run as a separate job.

If a job retries, it doesn't appear as a separate job.  Instead in the
detail panel you can click through the different retries to see their
individual status.