Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Odd ball Oracle RMAN backup problem.

2007-09-21 13:19:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Odd ball Oracle RMAN backup problem.
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:52:52 -0400 (EDT)
We have Oracle databases that backup using the RMAN agent.

Every once and awhile with 6.0MP4 we see jobs QUEUED forever, other jobs
run fine or when the job on the client re-runs it is fine, but every so
often there is 1 (or more) jobs that stay queued until you right click and
kill (or bpbdbjos -cancel) them, has anyone seen this before?

I have a case open currently but they are talking to me like they have
never seen it before?

Justin.