Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Invalid Images in DSU - How to clear?

2007-09-19 08:13:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Invalid Images in DSU - How to clear?
From: <bernard.verheuen AT fortis DOT com>
To: <gdemilde AT gmail DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:55:59 +0200
Hi,
NBU cleans up DSU automatically BUT make sure that e.g. during staging
to tape NO FULL Catalog BU is running, therefore adapt the staging
schedule in the DSU specs.

THAN write a script that scans your DSU and check for an entry in the
catalog, use this command :
        D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\Admincmd\bpimagelist -backupid  xxxxx

xxxx = n_str

For Each objFile in colFiles            'Read all fileNAMES on the DSU
        x = objFile.Name
        y = Replace (x, StrName, "")
        n_str = UCase(left(y, InStr(y, Strfind)-1))
        If First_occ <> n_str Then
                First_occ = n_str
                shell_command = Command_str &n_str &" > " &workdir
&"result.txt"
                W_TimeOut = 60    '60 seconds must be enough
                CMD_ret  = ExecCommandLine (shell_command, W_TimeOut)
                fileinmem=ReadAllTextFile (workdir &"result.txt" )
                If Err.Number = 62 Then
                        WScript.Echo "This is NOK           IMAGE TO
DELETE  " &n_str &" ON " &strComputer &" Location : "&StrDrive&StrPath
                        Orphan_OutputFile.WriteLine "This is NOK
IMAGE TO DELETE  " &n_str &" ON " &strComputer &" Location :
"&StrDrive&StrPath
                        Orphan_sw = 1
                        Err.Number = 0
                End If