Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0MP4 media server in cluster (VCS)

2007-09-10 06:28:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0MP4 media server in cluster (VCS)
From: "Gregory Demilde" <gdemilde AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:10:21 +0200
Selwyn,

We have two sunfire, PhysA & PhysB. cluster framwork is using those
two machines. We have created a vcs ressource group, Logical which
acts as media server.

The nbemmcmd -listhost gives the following output

master          Master
media           Master
app_cluster   Logical
cluster          Logical
media           PhysA
media           PhysB

All the STUs have PhysA or PhysB as media server. images are
automatically assigned to Logical. When trying a restore, I receive an
error 800 : host is unknown in EMM.

Would it be possible to have your output of the nbemmcmd -listhost and
tpconfig -d ?

TIA,
Greg

On 9/8/07, selwyn <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

> Forget using the device wizards, they just make a mess of the configuration.
>
> We are running Netbackup 6.0 MP4 on Solaris 10.  I set up all of the tape
> drives using tpconfig.  I created a script that reads a map file to create
> the tape devices.  I kept the device paths matched between both servers in
> the cluster--though that does not appear to be necessary for the system to
> work.
>
> I do not understand what you mean by physical names.  I do not use the names
> of the drives at all when I set up storage units.  Can you elaborate?
>
> We have had no problems with restores.

Gregory DEMILDE
Email : gdemilde AT gmail DOT com
GSM : +352 691 915620