Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpmedialist media missing after upgraded to NBU 6.0 MP4

2007-09-07 06:40:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpmedialist media missing after upgraded to NBU 6.0 MP4
From: ssloh AT singnet.com DOT sg
To: veritas-bu <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:21:09 +0800 (SGT)
Justin wrote
Are your images still under /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/* for the
clients you rememeber being backed up?
Did you have any errors during the nbpushdata -add?

Thanks and replied to Justin
Yes, my images still in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/* for the clients, that
is why I can restore data.
But the volume is missing in #bpmedialist -h <mediaserver1> and I realized my
data volume was used for subsequent backup which overwritten as new tape

Blaine Robison wrote
The media lists are all on the EMM server now. Try running bpmedialist on the
EMM server.

Thanks and replied to Robison
Yes, we run #bpmedialist -h <mediaserver1> on EMM server, it only show the
latest backup volumes after the upgraded of this media server
to 6.0, those volumes before the upgrade all missing.

We had ran nbpushdata successfully on master server before we proceed to
upgrade this mediaserver1
We have tried the #nbpushdata -add again on this mediaserver1 again
mediaserver1#nbpushdata -add failed with error
-> no global device database hostname found in the EMM database
-> nbpushdata must be run on the global device db host first (??? ALREADY DONE)
-> emm gdb host =
-> local host gdb host = masterservername (which is the EMM server as well)
-> error emm db recond no found (194)

Cheers.....