Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migration Win2003 to UNIX Master and Media servers

2007-09-06 17:57:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migration Win2003 to UNIX Master and Media servers
From: GoPhins! <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 10:58:31 -0700
Scenario: Migrate from NBU 6.5 Windows 2003 SP1 Master and Media servers to AIX
Unix servers.
(currently 6.0MP4 - upgrading to 6.5 next week - Migrate to Unix front end in
about 2 months)

Using SAN and Disk Staging for some boxes.  Direct to tape for200 windows
clients(SDLT320 tapes drives in a Quantum P7000 robot)

Need to determine Hardware requirements to house Unix Master and Media servers.

    (What do you Gurus recommend?)

What is your Production environment now?  Is it beefy enough to handle backups?

What would you have done differently in the migration planning stages?

Any Migration woes?  (Windows to Unix)

I thank you for reading my post... any questions (answered or theorized) would
be greatly appreciated.