Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 5.1 MP2 (or higher) installation media

2007-08-31 08:49:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 5.1 MP2 (or higher) installation media
From: "Mike L. Varney" <mlv03 AT healthresearch DOT org>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:27:37 -0400

Just as a "me too"... I had this problem with my 6.0 install CD on Solaris
- - the CD was corrupted (or the CDROM in the server was glitchy) and
caused segfaults while installing.  What I ended up doing was putting the
CD in another server and remotely mounting the CD.  Then it all worked
fine.

-- M

             Justin Piszcz
             <jpiszcz@lucidpix
             els.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  Dariusz Klar <Dariusz.Klar AT Sun DOT

             veritas-bu-bounce                                          cc
             s AT mailman.eng DOT aub         smpt AT peppas DOT gr,

             urn.edu                   veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Veritas-bu] 5.1 MP2 (or
             08/31/2007 06:05          higher) installation media
             AM

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Dariusz Klar wrote:

> Justin Piszcz wrote:
>> I have used 5.1MP2/3/4 on Solaris 10 without issue.  If you are getting
>> segfaults you may have other problems.
>>

> This is fresh Solaris 10 U3 install with latest patches and no other
problematic software/libraries installed. Pure installation.

> regards,
>
> Darek

Is your installation medium corrupted? How did you obtain it?

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or
sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise
protected by law from further disclosure.  It is intended only for the
addressee.  If you received this in error or from someone who was not
authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.