Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplication Question.....

2007-08-28 14:46:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplication Question.....
From: "ZIMMER, RANDY K [AG/1000]" <randy.k.zimmer AT monsanto DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:15:34 -0500

All,

I run my nightly backup to disk and then duplicate them daily off to tape.  I have a media Server that has only 4 drives attached to it and is mainly used for our large databases that we write to tape.  I have disk storage also attached to this media server that I run backups to,  and duplicate daily.  I have a 2nd media server that has disk storage and 8 tape drives attached to it.  Heres my question,  can I backup to my disk storage on one media server and then duplicate it off to tape on the other media server?  This has been tested but is very slow.  Can it be done, or am I not configuring it correctly?

Randy K. Zimmer

Sr. Unix System Administrator

Office: 314-694-3109

Cell:  314-960-0500

rkzimm AT monsanto DOT com

This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. Please delete it and all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly prohibited.

All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.