Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] List media in Media and Device Management fails

2007-08-23 05:23:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] List media in Media and Device Management fails
From: knaz <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 01:08:26 -0700
Hello,
I was attempting to decomission a Netbackup media server (6.0 MP4) when I ran
into this problem with media. When I attempt to get a listing of media from the
Admin GUI console, the connection times out with (195) error code. I can get a
media list using goodies/available_media.

Been following steps in Media Manager Administrator guide, pg 365
"Decomissioning a Media Server"
What I did prior to this is move 2 tapes from the server I want to decommission
to another media server (bpmedia -movedb tapes -oldserver -newserver etc.).

Next, move the 2 tapes to sandalone using the GUI Admin console but it fails
with connection timeout.

Any suggestions? Can I do this by commandline and bypass the GUI?