Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] MP5: Cannot decompress .Z file...

2007-08-22 02:21:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] MP5: Cannot decompress .Z file...
From: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:05:58 +1000

Could you mail out the binary ????

-----Original Message-----
From: crhea [mailto:netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com]
Sent: Tuesday, 21 August 2007 7:41 AM
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: MP5: Cannot decompress .Z file...

Known problem with MP5.

Engineering is looking at it now.

They say you can manually uncompress the *.f.Z file and edit the header file
(the file with the same name without the ".f" to change
FILES_FILE_COMPRESSED 1
to FILES_FILE_COMPRESSED 0.

This is a serious kludge since it's hard to find the name of the catalog
using the
restore GUI...

My case with Support is:
Case 290-841-020

I'll post something when I know more....

--- Cris