Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Status 525: Can not connect to NB-Java authentication srvc

2007-08-18 01:51:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Status 525: Can not connect to NB-Java authentication srvc
From: selwyn <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 06:39:57 -0700
I ran into the same issue with the java client yesterday after upgrading to
Netbackup 6.0 MP4.

In our case I found than an older copy of vnetd had overwritten the version of
vnetd that was installed with NB 6.0 MP4.  After I put the correct version of
vnetd back on the server the issue was resolved.

You could also look at /etc/services and make sure the correct port is
specified for vnetd.

Doc ID 282709 on Symantec's web site may also help.  This is specific to
Solaris 10.

If you are running an earlier version of Solaris check the inetd.conf file as
well for a reference to vnetd, and make certain that vnetd is installed in
/usr/openv/bin.  You can restart inetd with a kill -hup <psid> on versions of
Solaris earlier than 10.