Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 - Anyone actually using it?

2007-08-17 11:51:54
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 - Anyone actually using it?
From: Karl.Rossing AT federated DOT ca
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:40:30 -0500

veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 08/17/2007 01:10:06 AM:

> Having spoken to a Symantec tech recently who keeps close tabs on
> the dev side in the US, it doesn’t help when people hold off. He
> mentioned a lot of people held of for 6.0MP1 so a lot of the issues
> didn’t get fixed until MP2+3.

Interesting corporate culture, I guess they are expecting us to QA their product. When we don't do it fast enough, it's our fault.

I'm of the opinion that the scheduler holes should have been caught and fixed before 6.0 got released.

I'm not about to upgrade to 6.5 any time soon. I don't have the time this year to certify my DR for 6.5 and I'm sure that I'll find bugs with NB/BMR somewhere.

It's certified on 6.0MP4 and will stay there till 2008.

Karl