Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: full backup not working...

2007-08-16 13:18:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: full backup not working...
From: prodsacnetworking <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:00:38 -0700
Me neither I don't know any system with Full smaller..  ;-)

I did ran tar:

tar: tape blocksize error

is there a command to reindex everything? Presently in the tape library, I have
my Incrementals tapes and my Local-FULL...

Thanks,

MArc

[quote="Preston, Douglas L"]Look at the file size of all your fulls in the
listing,  It looks like
the only ones that actually have data are the vms fulls

If you try to manually
tar -xvzf
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/mpn6/1186000000/MPN6_1186808402_FULL.f.Z
Does it also fail?  You should get some sort of error doing it manually
that will probably be more informative than NBU's errors.
I don't know any machines that incremental backups are larger than full
backups.

Doug Preston
Systems Engineer
Land America Tax and Flood Services