Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Very slow client

2007-08-16 01:34:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Very slow client
From: "Rockey Reed" <rockey_reed AT symantec DOT com>
To: "Deiter, Scott" <scottd AT HanoverDirect DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:17:47 -0700

Scott,

The 2003 server should be protecting the shadow copy components not the system state which is for Windows 2000.  As for the other performance my first suggestion is to check the NIC setting.  If GigE then auto negotiate is acceptable; however, if 100Mbps Ethernet is used force the NIC to 100 FULL duplex.  The C:\ drive, especially the Windows directory will always be a pain from a speed and feed perspective, but not to the limits you’re seeing.  Lastly, set the virus scan to scan inbound only, using the outbound on a backup is a performance hit no one wants to experience.

Thanks,
Rockey J. Reed

You're not obligated to win. You're obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day.  Marian Wright Edelman