Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5 is Here

2007-08-15 04:01:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5 is Here
From: "Stefaan Margot" <stefaan.margot AT pandora DOT be>
To: "'Brooks, Jason'" <brooksje AT longwood DOT edu>, "'Martin, Jonathan'" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:43:30 +0200
Indeed ... licensing has changed.
There are now 2 license models:

- the "old" model
- the new "capacity based" model

Also the client licensing has changed:
- standard client
- enterprise client
- DB pack & SAP Agent

Good to know is that Bare Metal Restore & Client Encryption is not a separate
option anymore but comes by default with the product.
So if you buy a client license, BMR is included!

There are also a lot of new features regarding disk-based backups in NBU 6.5

More details on the Symantec website off course ...

Stefaan