Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Importing tapes with same mediaid from another Netbackup server

2007-08-13 14:52:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Importing tapes with same mediaid from another Netbackup server
From: Paul Robertson <probertson AT unixway DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:26:16 -0400 (EDT)
Folks,

We're running an ancient (3.4) version of Netbackup at a small remote
site, and we need to import a handful of DLT tapes from a second remote
3.4 site. Unfortunately, there was no provision for unique barcode
labels at each site, and the to-be-imported tapes have the same barcodes
and media ids as existing (and different) LTO1 tapes in the Netbackup
database.

How (if at all) should I modify the tape import process given the
apparent media id collision? I'm kinda hoping that netbackup will
recognize the namespace collision and prompt me to associate a unique
media id with the DLT tapes.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul