Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sun StorEdge 5320 NDMP error

2007-08-10 17:15:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sun StorEdge 5320 NDMP error
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:56:48 -0400
I've been backing up a Sun StorEdge 5320 for quite some time now and recently they upgraded the firmware from 4.20 M2 to 4.21 M1.  Immediately backups began to fail with error 99 in the event viewer.  At first, there was a login issue.  Sun renamed the "root" user from "administrator" to "admin"  which we corrected.  That however, did not fix the issue.

I can't see any errors in the NDMP log.  The Activity Monitor shows the following:

8/9/2007 1:49:11 PM - Error ndmpagent(pid=5440) ndmp_data_start_backup failed, status = 22 (NDMP_NO_MEM_ERR)

I noticed in the firmware notes that they "no longer support NDMP v2" but a ndmp_set_attr -verify says the servers are communicating via NDMP v3.

I'm fairly certain this is not a Netbackup issue, because reverting the firmware to 4.2 fixed the issue immediately (after changing the username back to "administrator.")

Anyone else with this issue / ideas?

Thanks,

-Jonathan