Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] pb restoring system_state of Windows 2000 SP4

2007-08-10 14:29:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] pb restoring system_state of Windows 2000 SP4
From: "Mike Heck" <mike_heck AT symantec DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:02:27 -0700
The fact that you are in a boot cycle seems to indicate that something
in the restore is causing a Blue Screen and you had the setting of
Automatically restart enabled (this is the Default) under the advanced,
startup and recovery options in system properties.

First thing I would do is turn this off so that you can see the break
code on the blue screen. Next I would make sure that the machine you are
restoring to has the partitions ordered in the same way as it did prior
to the rebuild.

One common cause of this is a change in the directory Windows was
installed in, moving from C:\Winnt to C:\Windows will case the boot
cycle as you described below.

This does work for W2K doing it exactly as you describe, however one
thing I am unclear on:
"After a few second, before or after I could ran again the w2koption
-restore -same_hardware 1 command, the W2K goes in an eternal reboot
cycle, and I don't know what is happening ???"
Are you saying that it reboots on its own without user intervention?

Thanks
Mike Heck
CFT Symantec