Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Recycle Backup Logs

2007-08-02 14:21:17
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Recycle Backup Logs
From: Wayne T Smith <wts AT maine DOT edu>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:59:46 -0400
The number of days to keep logs is a NetBackup setting.  One way to set
the number is via the Admin Console ... navigate to

    NetBackup Management -> Host Properties -> Master Servers, right
    click on your master and select "Properties", and finally click
    "Global Attributes".  The "Keep logs" value may be set on this
    display.  Note also that the "Logging" display sets the detail level
    of logging.  Even at level 0, logging can be large ... it gets
    downright huge at non-zero levels.

To log nothing, remove the log directories.

cheers, wayne