Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storagetek L1400 is not seen in window 2003 the drive are seen

2007-07-31 16:05:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storagetek L1400 is not seen in window 2003 the drive are seen
From: "Patricia Harmon" <pharmon AT tecoenergy DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:49:35 -0400
Okay quick rundown and hoping someone can give me some ideas on this.

We have a StorageTek L1400 Tape Library. It contains 8 tape drives.
We have an HP Proliant DL380 G4 Server running Windows 2003 R2.
Inside that server contains single 1 port hp fca2214 Fiber Channel card.

I connected the 8 drives to 8 available ports on the HBA and the libraries
control module to the last port on the HBA.

Windows can see the tape drives but they cannot see the L1400 library.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you need more information from me I will

Patricia Harmon
Distributed Systems
Tampa Electric Company
813.225.5164 (office)