Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Incremental backup using time-stamp

2007-07-28 06:49:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Incremental backup using time-stamp
From: Rolf C <rolfcolmer AT hotmail DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:34:15 +0000
Hello all,

Does anyone have experience with making an incremental backup using a time-stamp instead of the archive bit?

We would like to make an incremental backup of a splitted BCV. As far as i know the only way to do this is with a time-stamp. (after resynchronisation of the BCV the archive bit's are cleared and an incremental backup would result in another full backup)

We're using NetBackup 6.0MP4 on Windows.

Any comment is appriciated!

Rolf

PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!