Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RMAN Backups

2007-07-27 15:50:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RMAN Backups
From: "Shultz, Perry" <Perry.Shultz AT allstate DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:28:45 -0500

We have been running RMAN backups for several years.  But, our DBAs have always submitted them outside of NetBackup (manually defining the environmental variables required, etc.).  RMAN initiates the connection with NBU and everything functions.  I am doing some testing where I would like to use their scripts, but initiate them from the NetBackup scheduler as an Automatic backup.  When I execute their shell script, I get a Status 6 - indicating it could not backup the requested files and showing the full qualified path to the script in the file list.  There is no evidence that the script was even submitted.

Any ideas?  We are using NBU 6.0 in a very large installation but have always used manually, external submission of backups.  So some of the nuances of scheduling internally are new to us - especially related to the Oracle RMAN agent.

Thanks,

Perry Shultz