Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to run multiple polices on the same client simultaneously?

2007-07-26 13:42:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to run multiple polices on the same client simultaneously?
From: "Ellis, Jason" <Jason.Ellis AT imb DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:25:23 -0700

Between the multiplexing and multistreaming options in NetBackup, sometimes getting it configured to perform the way you want can be tricky. Perhaps the collective brain-trust here on the list might be able to lend a hand.

We’ve got a VCB proxy server that is also its own Media server and Client. I’d like to be able to run multiple backup policies that backup the VCB proxy simultaneously, including multiplexing to the same drive. I’m not worried about head thrashing because these backup streams are really SAN attached LUNs (even though as a VCB proxy they appear as a directory on the local file system).

I’ve been playing with the settings to get it to run up to four streams per tape drive for a maximum of eight simultaneous policies; however I can’t seem to get this working just right.

Any suggestions?

Jason Ellis
Technical Consultant, Data Protection Team
IndyMac Bank, La Mirada Datacenter
Phone: (714) 520-3414
Mobile: (714) 889-8734