Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problem connecting Quantum i2000

2007-07-25 14:58:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problem connecting Quantum i2000
From: "David McWilliams" <davidkmcw AT gmail DOT com>
To: "NetBackup List" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:46:23 -0400
Has anyone run across this dilemma

The following are connected via F/C switch:
Quantum i2000 Scalar tape library
6 tape drives
IBM RS6000 (Veritas 6.0-mr4 Master server)

The switch is:
IBM TotalStorage San16B-2 (switch)

Problem: no robot ID to use for making ovpass

Quantum provided one solution (that worked in Veritas 5) no scsi address available for ovpass so use the scsi address from rmt0

This seems to work until robtest is used then it becomes apparent that there is still a problem- (device mapping)

How do I get the correct address for the robot & lun.

Is this a case that I am using the wrong method or is this a case that I am using the correct method but the device mapping is not functioning correctly

Any help will be appreciated

--
Sláinte,

David