Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Error bptm(pid=3956) SCSI RESERVE failed (reserveunit scsi

2007-07-24 16:24:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Error bptm(pid=3956) SCSI RESERVE failed (reserveunit scsi
From: "Preston, Douglas L" <dpreston AT landam DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:09:50 -0400
Dave,
 I ended up doing the following steps

1 - Down the library and powering it off
2 - Removed all drives and robots from master server and all media
servers.
3 - Stopped ALL NBU services on master and all media servers.
4 - On master server and all media servers I Deleted all files under the
following paths.
            \Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\db\media\drives\
            \Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\db\media\media\
            \Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\misc\
5 - Bring the library back up
6 - Start all NBU services on master server and all media servers.
7 - recreate all drives and robots.  ( I used the gui wizard to do this
)
8 - Inventory the library to re-add all media to the robot config.

This seemed to work for my SCSI Reserve errors.

Doug Preston
Systems Engineer
Land America Tax and Flood Services
Phone 626-339-5221 Ext 1104
Email  dlpreston AT landam DOT com

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may constitute a communication
that is legally privileged. It is not intended for transmission to, or
receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If you have received this
electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system
without copying it, and notify the sender by reply e-mail, so that our
address record can be corrected.