Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] retentions

2007-07-24 15:46:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] retentions
From: "Dyck, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Dyck AT cognos DOT com>
To: "Wayne T Smith" <wts AT maine DOT edu>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:36:32 -0400
Just to chime in on the Aptare reports...

They have an automated report ("out of the box", but not really) you can
cron/windows schedule to run that will give you the following details on
full backups...
(hope your screens large enough to make out the headings...).   Great
way to stop sys admins bugging you about last successful backups.

                                                       LATEST FULL
BACKUP     LAST 60 DAYS
CLIENT                             SERVER              LAST FULL
MBYTES       FILES  AVG MBYTES   AVG FILES
------                             ------              ---------

With a little fiddling, you can get something that looks like the
following all in one email...

1) Missing Backups (from last window any scheduled backup that has yet
to run or has failed)
2) Last successful full backup attempt
3) Any skipped files during last backup

Get the right person on a DL for an email, and you're laughing.

Cheers,
Jon