Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] What is minmum version of NB to support LTO4 withencryption

2007-07-24 11:57:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] What is minmum version of NB to support LTO4 withencryption
From: "Rajmund Siwik" <Rajmund.Siwik AT conexant DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:35:09 -0700
I don't think LTO4 encryption is depended on Netbackup as encryption is
happening at the drive, not at NBU.
I have talked to local Symantec reps and they projected support for LTO4
drives from NBU within 6 months.
In order to manage keys you need IBM EKM software which is in its
infancy stages. To my surprise IBM SDK software required for EKM is not
easily available and won't run on Windows PC unless it is IBM PC.

I am in the process of testing and it is not easy at this point.

--Rajmund