Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] retentions

2007-07-23 11:32:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] retentions
From: Pavankumar Gajula <pavankumar_gajula AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Brandon Zermeno <Brandon.Zermeno AT pulte DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:15:18 +0100 (BST)
Hi,
The quickest way to solve this would be to get all the
details of Images/tapes, then you can write a simple
shell script with inputs of bexpdate, Images/Tapes and
extention period.
Pavan

--- Brandon Zermeno <Brandon.Zermeno AT Pulte DOT com> wrote:

> There are certain environments here that require
> only a 2 week
> retention, no matter what. In this environment we
> run full backups
> everyday and when the data set is in the 80 TB
> range, well that just
> more then I need to deal with. We have been running
> this way for years
> with no major issues. Leave it up to Oracle to take
> 2 weeks 4 hours to
> try and fix RAC.

      Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to
http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html