Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] licenses quote / part number description

2007-07-23 09:20:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] licenses quote / part number description
From: "Austin Murphy" <austin.murphy AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Bobby R Windle" <bwindle AT wlgore DOT com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:08:06 -0400
On 7/23/07, Bobby R Windle <bwindle AT wlgore DOT com> wrote:
> I'm looking for the part number / description for a media server license.
> This would be for Netbackup Enterprise License 5.1. Also maint & support
> so we can move to 6.0. So I need a media server license. The media server is
> a Sun V880 ( 8 processors). It is running on Solaris 10.
> Any one know how to get the correct information ( Veritas SKU & description
> ) so I can get proper quotes?

This document lists the Veritas SKU's and the full licensing
information for NB 5.x.
http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/products/White_Papers/Data_Protection/nbu_5x_plguide_update_final.pdf

See page 7:
NetBackup Enterprise Server, Master/Media Server, Solaris, A11391F
MSRP:  Tier1 $10,000, Tier2 $13,000, Tier3 $17,000, Tier4 $27,000.

page 26:
V880 falls into Tier1.

and page 24:
Support: