Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] retentions

2007-07-20 03:31:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] retentions
From: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "'Brandon Zermeno'" <Brandon.Zermeno AT pulte DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:04:19 +0100
Do you not keep month end backups for 12 months? I do not know of a way of doing this, other than importing the tapes that may have been used for this job (assuming you know what they are).

I dont think NBU behavior works like this - its a fixed retention period (that I can see). You could either do month end backups like I mentioned with a longer retention (and store these tapes in a safe or off site), or increase the level of retention for the future.

For now, thats all I can see that can be accomplished (other than an import). 2 weeks without a server sounds daft.... probably a development box that no one cared about, until it was too late :-)

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator