Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] retentions

2007-07-19 19:18:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] retentions
From: "Cornely, David" <David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:03:29 -0700

As far as I know once images expire they are deleted from the Netbackup catalog – as a result (and as you state) it is not possible to unexpire images within the catalog via bpexpdate.  The only option is to manually import the images off the tapes, assuming you know what tapes have the images you need and they haven’t yet been overwritten.  If you are able to do the import then you can assign whatever retention you want.

It’s not hard to find existing images for current clients, but if the image has expired it doesn’t exist in the catalog anymore.