Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 52 but scratch available

2007-07-19 08:56:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 52 but scratch available
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>, "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 08:36:13 -0400
Not sure why you think scratch has anything to do with it.  If no tapes
were available you'd get a completely different error.  52 to me usually
makes me look at the tape or the drive that was trying to be used to
mount it.  If you're seeing this on every drive and tape then it
suggests a more global problem like robot arm or hand issue.  Looking at
the Library's diagnostic codes (e.g. FSC codes on an L700) might help.

bperror -statuscode 52
timed out waiting for media manager to mount volume
The requested volume was not mounted before the timeout expired. This
error can also occur if the volume happens to be a cleaning tape but was
not specified as a cleaning tape. Another possible cause: if the last
available drive has a mount request for a non-backup (such as a
restore), then a backup requiring the same drive is initiated before the
mount completes. This is due to the drive not being reported as busy
until the mount completes.