Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES not working?

2007-07-17 11:51:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES not working?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:32:14 -0700 (PDT)
>   Working with 6.0MP4 under Solaris 9 (Sparc) and having trouble getting
>   the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES file selection option working.  This is in a test
>   environment using a server which was just upgraded from 5.1 MP5.  As
>   far as I can tell, the upgrade completed without any errors.
>
>   At this point though if I submit a job using the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES file
>   selection it only creates a backup process for the root filesystem '/'
>   and skips the other local filesystems (e.g. /opt, /usr, /var, ...).
>   The client is still running 5.1MP5 and was working fine with our
>   production 5.1MP5 server.

Does it skip them, or is it just backing up everyting in a single job?

If you have ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES, 'cross mount points' is not checked, and
'Allow multiple data streams' is not checked, then I would expect a
single "job", beginning at the filesystem root to do the backup.

But all the filesystems will be in the backup.  You can either browse
the backups or use 'bplist' or 'bpflist' to view the files inside.

If you select 'Allow multiple data streams', then I'd expect separate
jobs for each of the filesystems.