Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] BACKUP EXIT STATUS = 59

2007-07-16 13:48:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] BACKUP EXIT STATUS = 59
From: "Paul Keating" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>
To: "Daniel Sigrist" <dasigrist AT tpd.com DOT br>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:28:59 -0400
It's not a resolution issue.

Your client is getting a backup request from an IP address that does not resolve to the master/media server name as listed in its bp.conf.

if it was a resolution issue, you'd more likely get a stat 25.

bpclntcmd is your friend.

....Well, that, or crank up the bpcd logs on your client. Shouldnt' take more than 10 minutes to find out what's going on.

Paul