Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HP LTO3 media on IBM 800GB LTO3 Tape drive?

2007-07-13 10:51:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HP LTO3 media on IBM 800GB LTO3 Tape drive?
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:34:09 -0400
I wasn't suggesting anyone use Wangtek NOW.  I was talking about what
happened when DDS DAT first came available (we were using DC6525 before
that).  The Wangtek drives worked fine between themselves - it was just
that they and IBM drives I was getting weren't compatible with each
other.  My recollection at the time was this was due to "IBM value adds"
on the IBM model rather than a lack of compliance by Wangtek.  The IBM
model had a higher compression capacity than provided for by the DDS
standards.