Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Doubt about scheduled backups

2007-07-10 15:07:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Doubt about scheduled backups
From: "Daniel Sigrist" <dasigrist AT tpd.com DOT br>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:45:08 -0300

Hi all,

I have a doubt about scheduled backups. I’m doing oracle backups (10g and 9i)  using rman and netbackup 4.5_SP6. I create a policy that do a full database backup once a week (on Saturday).  I set the frequency of the policy to 1 week, and my start windows is from Saturday 06:00 am to Monday 06:00 am.  So I tested my policy doing a manual backup on Wednesday. On Saturday the scheduled policy didn’t ran. Netbackup simply ignored my policy. Is this a expected behavior? Because I set my policy to run once a week and I ran manually on Wednesday, then netbackup only will run the policy again after a week?

Thank you advance,

Daniel Abramides Sigrist

DBA Oracle Projeto SIGRES

Tel: (11) 3824-2074