Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can I change a Media ID?

2007-07-09 22:46:03
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can I change a Media ID?
From: "Martin Ruslan" <mit.martin AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Tschida, Tom (STP)" <tom.tschida AT guidant DOT com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:27:54 +0700
Let say your new robot is reading the tape: C01234, where your media ID on your catalog was 01234L, then you can set the barcode rules to be: 2:3:4:5:6:#L
then the new robot will read it as: 01234L.
If your barcode also different caused the different way robotic read the barcode issue, change it from the catalog to be the same as the new robot read it with: vmchange -barcode <barcode> -m <the media ID>.
Hopefully it helps.

Regards,
mTz